Employee Relocation Incentive
The Employee Relocation Incentive (ERI) provides a 20% grant of up to £10,000 towards the cost of relocating an employee to the Isle of Man. The Scheme is designed to encourage job growth and the import of skills from outside of the Isle of Man in certain sectors, where businesses have been unable to recruit locally.
Features & Benefits
- Provides a 20% grant of up to £10,000 towards the cost of a relocating employee’s first year net salary (minimum salary must be £25,000) paid 1 year in arrears
- Can support existing or new roles within the organisation
- Includes back filled positions
- Helps local employers find additional, skilled workers and ensure they find continued growth and success in the Isle of Man
- must have a permanent establishment on the Island;
- must be an eligible business under the Enterprise Act 2008 (Eligible Businesses) Regulations 2018*;
- be up-to-date in respect of Income Tax, VAT and National Insurance;
- must be expanding its workforce on the Island; and
- submit their application in advance of appointment.
- must offer a minimum starting salary of £25,000;
- must constitute permanent, regular employment; and
- must not be an excluded employment*.
- must be directly employed by the business;
- must work predominantly on the Island;
- must become resident on the Island for income tax purposes.
*Further details can be found in the Guidelines attached under downloadable resources. In particular, please refer to Appendix 6.
Looking for more?
The Department for Enterprise offers a range of funding and support schemes for businesses and self-employed individuals in the Isle of Man. You'll find a full list by clicking below.