MICRO BUSINESS GRANT SCHEME
The scheme has been designed to give start-ups the necessary financial support, training and business acumen to get their business off the ground.
What The Scheme Can Do For You
The scheme offers 3 levels of support:
A 5 day training course to help you consider your business idea and how it will affect your life. You will also learn valuable skills to assist you in setting up and running your business.
The scheme offers a maximum of £6,000 to help towards the start-up costs for your business. We will match every pound you invest in your business up to a maximum of £6,000.
A living allowance is available of £100 per week for a maximum of 60 weeks. In addition, further assistance up to £10,000 is potentially available to support job creation.
Business advisory service
The business advisory service goes hand in hand with the financial assistance. All clients offered a grant will be partnered with a business advisor who will mentor them for the 18 months following contract signings through quarterly meetings and interim support.
Are You Eligible?
- Resident on the Isle of Man for income tax purposes
- An Isle of Man worker or hold a valid work permit in respect of your intended business activity
- At least 16 year of age
- Control your business
- Able to commit, full time, to the business working in excess of 30 hours a week on your business
- Ensure that you will comply with any legal requirements in operating your business
- Have a turnover of up to £50,000
Unfortunately, we cannot support you if you:
- Are an undischarged bankrupt
- Have any outstanding debt judgments/executions
- Have income tax/ national insurance or VAT arrears
- Have a criminal record where the nature of the offence may make it inappropriate for the Department to support you in your intended business activity
How To Apply
If you can meet all the criteria and are interested in applying, please feel free to call the scheme administrator on +44 1624 682396 for further information or, alternatively, you may download and complete the PDF file below and submit your form to the following address:
Micro Business Scheme Administrator, Department for Enterprise, St George's Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EX
Acceptance onto the Micro Business Scheme does not mean that either the Department or the business advisors (who are independent contractors) consider your business a sound and viable proposition. Neither of these 2 parties can be held responsible if the business fails and will not meet any debts, etc. incurred.
For further details and scheme guidelines click here.
To see an MBGS brochure, click here.
To complete an enquiry form, click here.