The Employee Relocation Incentive (ERI) provides a 20% grant of up to £10,000 towards the cost of relocating an employee to the Isle of Man.
The Scheme is designed to encourage job growth and the import of skills from outside of the Isle of Man in certain sectors, where businesses have been unable to recruit locally.
Features and benefits
- Provides a 20% grant of up to £10,000 towards the cost of a relocating employee’s first year net salary (minimum salary must be £25,000) paid 1 year in arrears
- Can be an existing or a new roles within the organisation
- Includes back filled positions
- Incentive can be used in a range of ways - some businesses have used it to find suitable candidates, others to engage with recruitment agencies, whilst many use it to support candidates with relocation costs
- Helps local employers find additional, skilled workers and ensure they find continued growth and success in the Isle of Man
Financial and Professional Services
- Fund Management
- Management of Ships, Yachts and/or Aircraft
- Legal and Accounting
- Other Financial Services
- Quantity Surveyors and Architects only
- Import Substitution
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Tourism and Hospitality
- Head Housekeepers
- must have a permanent establishment on the Island;
- must be an eligible business under the Enterprise Act 2008 (Eligible Businesses) Regulations 2018*;
- be up-to-date in respect of Income Tax, VAT and National Insurance;
- must be expanding its workforce on the Island; and
- submit their application in advance of appointment.
- must offer a minimum starting salary of £25,000;
- must constitute permanent, regular employment; and
- must not be an excluded employment*.
- must be directly employed by the business;
- must work predominantly on the Island;
- must become resident on the Island for income tax purposes; and
- must have commenced employment by 30th September 2019.
*Further details can be found in the attached FAS Guidelines.