Manx Restart Scheme to provide opportunities, experience and confidence for job seekers
Applications are now open for individuals to take part in the Manx Restart Scheme.
The initiative is aimed at providing assistance for Isle of Man residents who have been unemployed for three months or more, with costs met by the £100m Economic Recovery Fund established in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Paragon Recruitment will administer and co-ordinate the scheme on behalf of the Isle of Man Government and match applicants with roles made available by participating employers.
To qualify, applicants must:
- make an application to the Manx Restart Scheme and accept they have read and understood the terms of the scheme and the online guidance
- be resident in the Isle of Man
- be aged 16 years or over and below state pension age
- have been unemployed for at least three months immediately prior to being employed by the employer (this condition can be waived by Treasury in exceptional circumstances)
- not be a close relative of the employer if the employer is an unincorporated company
Eligible employers who recruit a new employee via the scheme will be able to receive support for up to 70% of their new recruit’s salary and National Insurance contributions, capped at the rate of the Living Wage, for up to 35 hours a week.
Support will be available for up to 52 weeks.
Treasury Member Bill Shimmins MHK said: ‘This scheme is targeted at those who may be in danger of becoming long-term unemployed, and is designed to provide people with a platform from which to build confidence and gain valuable experience.
‘Paragon will play a crucial role by using their specialist skills to match employers with employees. There are clear benefits to be gained by the participating businesses and the individuals gaining employment, as well as wider society over the long-term.’
Further information on the scheme, including application forms for both employers and employees, is available on the Isle of Man Government website by calling The Job Centre on 687014 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org